Wednesday 1 February 2012

Double Victory = Happy Days

Hey guys, I am pretty certain most of you guys know, but yesterday I scored myself a paid gig during London Fashion Week doing PR, writing and events management on behalf of: House of Holland, Vivienne Westwood, Francesca Marotta, Basso & Brooke, Clements Ribeiro and Ashley Isham. I am honored to say the least.
I did try to keep it hush hush so you guys would know first but I was so overwhelmed that I posted it on instagram. *hangs head in shame* lol

The events company - which I will reveal at a later date are absolutely amazing; the interview was a total breeze, they commented on how strong my work experience history is, happy days. Don't laugh, but before I arrived at the venue I was shaking in fear. I looked at their client list and saw Vogue, Vivienne Westwood, Diesel, Adidas, Ralph Lauren, Dior, Julien Macdonald, Matthew Williamson and House of Holland and I thought there was absolutely no chance of me landing the job. I have had previous work experience in the field before, but this is on a whole new level. 

I know this sounds as cheesy as an acceptance speech but I am so thankful and grateful, everyone around me has been so supportive with my blog, career etc. I was talking to a friend of mine who I have known for years today and she was reminding me how some years ago I said I would work in fashion and now that dream is becoming a reality.... baby steps. lol. That made me think back to when someone else I know told me I might be confused and I was trying to emulate the lifestyles of some of the girls on MTV's The Hills. Now if this wasn't a passion of mine... would I be so persistent? Chase your dreams people, because your dreams will never chase you.

And then, if my day couldn't get any better, I landed myself a job in the Olympics. The lady said I'd be working with her, handing all the sponsors (This includes all the famous people and especially my sugar David Beckham :O sorry Vic x )


Keep dreaming people, it is very healthy to do so! xo



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig