Sunday 1 December 2013

Final Haul of 2013!

This IS my final haul of the year, I know I always make these claims but seriously - have faith in me!
This is not a review, as I've literally just purchased these items, but I have included swatches that I think are relevant. Some are repeat buys and normal basics, so I won't get into them - but for now can I just say - I love MAC's facial wipes! They are amazing (never thought I'd say that about wipes lol)



Starting with the basics, on the left, is my LancĂ´me which I have mentioned quite a lot on my blog so I won't really get into that, but if you wan't to see one of my previous reviews, please click here and here.
The Clinique Stay Matte foundation is another nice one, it's very long wearing and makes you look airbrushed, I would recommend it to you if you have oily skin, this was my summer go-to foundation! The great thing about Clinique is that you can go to their counter and get a little sample before you make a purchase. 
I've been using MAC's studio fix fluid on and off for years now, I have a love-hate relationship with it, but I always end up going back! 
Lastly, on the right, also from MAC is the pro longwear concealer. I sometimes use the studio finish concealer which comes in a little black pot, identical to the eyeshadow packaging - but it depends on what look I'm going for. This foundation is more lightweight and long wearing, definitely one I'd recommend. 



Moving onto lips now and starting with the lip-glosses is 'Right Image' from MAC - now, I'm not really a lip gloss person, I love my lips to look matte and crisp (NOT DRY lol, crisp and well finished) but this one is a favourite of mine, it lookS cute when worn with Lovelorn, which is also from MAC.


Next is 'Spite' which is another MAC gloss, can I just say, this gloss is divine - no exaggeration, my sister is actually the one who introduced it to me. I wear it with 'Velvet Teddy' or any other beige based nude shade teamed with 'Chestnut' lip pencil (another absolute must have).
This NARS velvet matte lip pencil in 'Train Bleu' was out of stock for more than 7 weeks, apparently, this was because it was the colour that was used on all the models during London fashion week so it became a high demand colour. I kept on calling John Lewis to enquire when it'd be back in stock and they kept saying they were unsure so I was afraid that it had in fact been discontinued. Luckily, the other day when I went there to buy uggs and I walked past the counter and thought I might as well ask, they had it! YAY! This colour is beautiful - maybe my favourite thing in this whole haul. It's a goth deep purple, so amazing, I had a picture of me wearing it but the camera just doesn't do it ay justice!
'Style Surge' by MAC was my go-to lipstick in summer, it's a very nice coral that compliments darker skin tones and doesn't look to bright. I have 'Vegas Volt' by MAC but the colour creases into my lips and highlights all my lines - this is the best coral I've tried so fare, it's also nice and moisturising too.
Last but not least, is 'Taupe' - a very nice nude for darker skin, it has a rustic/ orangey feel to it.

Here are the swatches in the same order:


With flash


Without flash


The picture isn't clear but here I am wearing 'Style Surge' (hiding the little spot near my chin lol)


Moving onto eyes now, first off is the 'Ardell Natural Multipack Demi Wispies' which I purchased from Madame Madeline an American online store which literally just sells lashes, I couldn't find these in the UK and the postage and packaging was reasonable price so I thought, why not? I love these lashes, they look natural but full at the same time and really compliment my eye shape.
The black square thing is literally just the pro palette refill pan, and that small circle next to it, also from MAC is a nice natural dusty gold called 'Antiqued'
MAC's 'Naked Pigment' looks good on everyone, I first discovered it through Kim Kardashian but was hesitant to buying it because I don't really like loose items of makeup but it's such a nice colour!
The Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner in 'Petrol Blue' is something I never imagined i'd buy, especially because of my dark skin. My friend went into MAC and a guy did her make-up, he used this liner to do a winged eye and teamed it with 'Ruby Woo' and it looked amazing.
Last but not least are two eyeshadow trios from Smashbox

Here are closer pictures of the Smashbox photo op eyeshadow trios in 'Quicktake' and 'Filter'



Here are the swatches in the same order:


With flash


Without flash


Left: Petrol Blue Right: Antiqued


I've been wanting to try out Origins for a while, above is the 'Spot remover pads' and their 'Out of trouble mask' which is supposedly amazing - I haven't tried them yet


Last but not least is the Bobbi Brown bronzer in 'Bali Brown' and two brushes, MAC's '227' and a Bobbi bronzer brush.


Here is a swatch without the flash, you cant really see it clearly, but it creates a natural bronzing effect:


END

SHARE:

3 comments:

  1. I love this haul! Your so lucky to have got your hands on Train Bleu in Manchester there are 3 NARS counters near me and its been sold out in all of them for a while! :( x

    weekendrambles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will update us soon on how things are going???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry for the late reply - I've just seen this! Check out my latest post for an update :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig