Thursday 20 October 2011

H&M meets Elle magazine



Like I told you guys, I was lucky enough to attend the exclusive H&M and Elle magazine event.
When we first entered we were welcomed with cocktails and goody bags below.

The insightful evening began with Anna Ogundehin making a speech about how she began her fashion career. She revealed that she initially started working at Paul Smith doing sales on the shop floor whilst at university. She then decided to stay there because she believed it would be a foot in the door with a leading brand. 'Most people who are marketing directors and work in leading positions worked in sales.'
Her next job was working at a fashion PR agency. It required good communication skills as you would need to pitch ideas to the press, be outgoing, build relationships with press. She then spent 7 years working in the PR sector.
She is now ELLE's executive fashion editor; people who work in PR come to her and she decides what is good for the brand.... kind of like a 'gate keeper'.

Me and My cousin, a fellow blogger.





A lucky winner won £250 to spend in store.... yes... I was not the winner *sad face*


The Goody bag

Free Elle magazine, nail polish, bracelet and hand cream

  

Having the V.I.P bracelet meant that we were entitled to 205 off everything in store

What I purchased.... ^
 You can never have enough of these £3.99 skirts, I chuck on a pair of tights and a thick jumper for everyday wear. Sometimes I am a bit cheeky and I use them as boob tube tops... shhhhhh don't tell anyone x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig